-------------------

11.08.2012

Eliminate Negativity

We should all always have AT LEAST one way we are trying to better ourselves. Here is something I’ve been working on, and I can feel the difference in my life, a lot.
austin_blog_positive
You know how when your at a restaurant sometimes the waiter will come and fill up your water cup? You know how sometimes the waiter will come and fill it up after every time i make a sip? Yeah that drives me insane. And I always point it out to whoever I'm with....because it drives me insane.
Well this inspired a thought in my brain.
Just because I point out that the waiter comes to fill my water cup much too often doesn't mean that I'm not having a good time. But it's a negative comment. And any kind of negativity is just that- negative. And positive energy cannot exist when its little negative friend is stealing the attention. A little while back I realized this, and decided that I was going to try to be more positive in the tiniest ways such as this waiter with the water example.
At first I was obviously still being silently annoyed, but I would think this negative thought, decide not to voice it, and then i would either keep thinking about it and being slightly annoyed, or i would slowly forget about it and that was the end of it. Either way, I wasn't bringing negativity out into the open, where it seems bigger and more real.
After doing this for a few weeks, I think that I don't even have nearly as many of these tiny annoying thoughts as I used to. And if I have them, I don't associate them with negativity, just observations, and I'm definitely happier for it. I feel overall more positive in my daily goings on. My eyes seem to just look over these "annoyances" and not register them with my brain. I'm a happier, more positive person this way!
Something else I’ve been doing, is when I do have a random, positive thought- go back to the waiter with the water example- amplify that positive thought.
The waiter brings the water. Its good timing, I’m ready for more water. I tell the waiter, thank you so much that was perfect timing! He is happy because he came with perfect timing and is being appreciated for it, and I am happy because I made someone else happy. It’s the little things in life right?
Although I’m still working hard on this, I like to think the proton cloud circling my head has increased in size.
austin_texas_positive









2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and love it! I have a little boy and sweet baby girl too! This is a wonderful reminder.... So very true

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cate! I just visited your blog and am now a follower its such a sweet place! And ok...the name Wynnie...so cute!! I have never heard that before and I love it.

      Delete