-------------------

2.23.2012

Big Bro & Little Sis


IMG_6071zweb
That’s right, he’s going to be such a wonderful big brother! He’s understands that, for some reason, when we point to my belly and say “whats in there?” he is supposed to respond “baby”, but at this point I’m pretty sure it just seems like a strange thing that we insist he say and we light up and tell him “good job!!” over and over when he says it. What a little parent pleaser.
IMG_6078z
^Our first ultrasound, where we were shown that there is a healthy little baby in there! And we got to hear the heartbeat :).

IMG_6063z
^Little did we know that when we went in for genetics testing a few days later we would find out that we’re having a GIRL!! Who knew they could tell you this early?! Apparently the baby is growing fast -- so according to my body I was 13 weeks 5 days at the time of this ultrasound. But according to the size of the baby she was 14 weeks 3 days. This is four days ago. I would be thrilled if she came on my birthday! (August 11th). But that’s a bit wishful I think. At least if I can say to her just like my mother always told me “the heavens are celebrating your birth!” if she is born during the Perseid’s meteor shower. A little ridiculous? Tell that to my 8 year old self as I lay under the stars making wishes every August 11th <3 .

IMG_6075zweb

IMG_6071z2

10 comments:

  1. So exciting! Congrats! We are so happy for you! Just found out we are having another baby boy (due July 3rd).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't stop laughing at this picture. What a creepy little boygirl. And he looks really old in that first picture. I want to see him again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally creepy! I thought the same thing : )

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so exciting! Daniel and I are both so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I've been lurking on your blog waiting for this : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! That's so exciting! Our girls will be a few months apart! And that's cool that you found out so early.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you remember on "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" and she puts together the photo album of what their children will look like?.... well, that last picture makes me think of that. (....and this is what our daughter will look like...) After all those times of dressing up Dallas like a little girl, I'm resisting reaching across cyber space and smacking you.) Love you!!!!! SO EXCITED FOR YOU! LOVE YOU GUYS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I recall correctly, she and Lindsey had fun putting clips and headbands in Andrew's two-year-old hair, too. Pure Karma.

      Delete
  8. Congratulations! What wonderful news to catch up on when I can't sleep at 2 am. August 21 is Brendan's birthday so it's a fine day for a baby girl to be born. Prayers for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.

    ReplyDelete